We are a modern progressive flying club dedicated to the purposes of safe flying, the advancement of general aviation, and to providing economical and reliable aircraft for the use of its members.
In existence since 1958, we have a well-maintained, IFR equipped aircraft based at Dayton Wright Brothers (KMGY). Our highly competitive rates are easy on the wallet, and the fixed monthly costs associated with the Club are minimal. And our membership has a passion – just like you – for flying.
DPC instructors are available for training, and we actively promote aviation safety, offering regular safety meetings and seminars.
Interested? Go to our “Flying with Us” page or call 937-438-0608 to talk with our Membership Officer.
No Dayton Pilots’ Club Meeting Tonight March 18
11S Has Some Cool Upgrades
It’s finally here, and man is she beautiful!
For nearly two years, the Trustees have researched and evaluated four potential systems autopilot system, then waited for FAA certification. But now it’s complete. Here’s what we now have:
- Dual Garmin G5. One serves as the PFD, while the other functions as the HSI.
- We upgraded our Audio Panel from a Garmin 340 to a Garmin 345, which is Bluetooth capable. You can connect your phone or tablet and play music through your headsets. The music will mute when the frequency is in use (don’t want to miss an ATC callout). Of course, you can isolate yourself so that the others in the airplane must listen to your complete set of Conway Twitty hits!
- We removed the old Apollo MX-20 and moved the Garmin 430w and the Bendix/King KX155A Comm 2 units higher in the panel. We think we will like the new placement.
- We also moved our transponder from the right side to the center. That will be a great improvement.
- Finally, out came the non-functioning original autopilot and in came our new digital Garmin GFC 500 Autopilot. This is a fully functional autopilot that will interface with the GPS, Comm2, and our dual G5s.
- In addition, we installed electric trim control.
The plane is really awesome to fly.