We are a modern progressive flying club dedicated to the purposes of safe flying, the advancement of general aviation, and to providing economical and reliable aircraft for the use of its members.
In existence since 1958, we have a well-maintained, IFR equipped aircraft based at Dayton Wright Brothers (KMGY). Our highly competitive rates are easy on the wallet, and the fixed monthly costs associated with the Club are minimal. And our membership has a passion – just like you – for flying.
DPC instructors are available for training, and we actively promote aviation safety, offering regular safety meetings and seminars.
Interested? Go to our “Flying with Us” page or call 937-438-0608 to talk with our Membership Officer.
11S Getting Some Cool Upgrades
Our airplane is currently at Muncie Aviation to install a new Autopilot and Bluetooth capable Audio Panel to go along with our twin G5s!
This has been in the works for nearly two years. The Trustees researched and evaluated four potential systems, and waited until there was FAA certification. Once that came, we scheduled the installation for February 2020 in order to keep the airplane from being out of service during the flying season. But now it’s happening. Here’s what we’ll have when it’s all finished:
- We are upgrading our Audio Panel from a Garmin 340 to a Garmin 345, which is Bluetooth capable. You will be able to connect your phone or tablet and play music through your headsets. The music will mute when the frequency is in use (don’t want to miss an ATC callout). Of course, you can isolate yourself so that the others in the airplane must listen to your complete set of Conway Twitty hits!
- We are removing the Apollo MX-20. The unit has been failing for several years, and it was decided to lose the dead weight (a half a gallon’s worth!)
- We are moving the Garmin 430w and the Bendix/King KX155A Comm 2 units higher in the panel. We think we will like the new placement.
- We are also moving our transponder from the right side to the center. That will be a great improvement.
- Finally, out comes the non-functioning original autopilot and in comes our new digital Garmin GFC 500 Autopilot. This is a fully functional autopilot that will interface with the GPS, Comm2, and our dual G5s. In addition, we are installing electric trim control.
Target completion is February 14.
Current state of the panel.